1.08.2012

Love for writing

I began writing 11 years ago, at the age of 30. To be honest, until then I had not written anything. If a fortune teller had told me when I was young that I was going to be a writer, I would never have believed her as I’d always found it difficult to write a single page, let alone a whole book. So I can’t say that I’ve always loved writing when I didn’t even know that I could write. It is true, however, that I fell in love with writing later.
Even as a child I missed interesting and thrilling books for which I’d be ready to give up sleep if necessary. Libraries were chockablock full of books, but finding a truly interesting book was like finding a needle in a haystack.  I was particularly annoyed by books in which you had to read 50 pages before anything happened.
Besides, I could never understand why places and objects needed such long descriptions. For example, a writer would take a whole page to describe a living room. There were even a few sentences dedicated to the door handle.
So this was the main force that propelled me to begin writing one day. I wanted to write a novel that draws you in from the very start and is so interesting that it has to be read in a couple of days.
And I’ve done it. Not just with my first novel, but with the second and third, too. And I’m certain that the fourth and fifth will be just as successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment