After a thorough analysis of all the reviews, I realized they were not as bad as those for some other authors. Mostly, they pointed out the following:
· The main characters are nothing special and rather shallow.
· The use of omniscient POV (point of view).
· Some parts of my books drag , even though nearly everyone recognized that my novels were very readable and referred to them as “page turners”.
As a result of this I did the following:
- I deepened the characters.
- I changed all three novels so that they are told from a 3rd person viewpoint.
- I deleted all the parts that did not contain enough suspense. An example: in the book Promise Me Eternity I deleted more than 20% of the text.
- The characters became more likable.
- The books are full of suspense from start to finish.
- Because I am now using only the 3rd person POV, readers feel more for the characters, resulting in a stronger emotional experience.