2.14.2012

The key to success

I’ve made many mistakes in life, but they were probably all necessary for me to arrive at the knowledge I have today. I’ve realized that only strict specialization brings results and personal satisfaction. But before you specialize, you must know what you like doing. And therein usually lays the problem.


FOCUSING ==> SPECIALIZATION  ==> HIGH QUALITY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES

School and university education only give you a basic knowledge. If you want to stand out from the crowd, you have to begin specializing in a specific area, be it cooking, hairdressing or chemistry.


A UNIVERSITY DEGREE IS NOT A PRE-CONDITION FOR SPECIALIZATION AND YOU ARE NOT SPECIALIZED WHEN YOU GET A UNIVERSITY DEGREE.

You can find books on any subject at Amazon.com. All you have to do is find and read them. Journals and other written material on the internet are also important. I’ve realized that if you specialize, you find out after three to five years that you stand out from the average. Besides, you begin to see things that others can’t or are unable to because they don’t have the same knowledge and experience.


ENJOYMENT IN YOUR WORK è SPECIALIZATION + HARD WORK ==> SUCCESS + GOOD PAY

There are three main problems that stop most people from being more successful:
  1. They have a number of interests and they can’t decide what they like doing most.
  2. They can’t be bothered.
  3. They’re not persistent enough.

I could be bothered and I was persistent, yet I still needed many years to find out which work I liked best.


No comments:

Post a Comment